Introduction to PastPerfect 5.0
We have created a series of short videos to introduce users to the new and updated features in PastPerfect 5.0. Click the title to open the video in YouTube.
- Installation and Upgrading from PastPerfect 4.0
- This video reviews the installation and upgrade process from PastPerfect 4.0. Your data, images, and multimedia files will be imported into PastPerfect 5.0 using a built-in import tool.
- Main Menu
- PastPerfect 5.0 has expanded access to the more commonly used areas of the program by adding them directly to the Main Menu.
- Sidebar and Navigation Bar
- One of the new features in PastPerfect 5.0 is the Sidebar. The Sidebar was designed so all the screen views and actions performed on a record are accessible in a central location. The Navigation Bar has also been improved to make it easier to navigate records and view which records have multimedia attachments.
- Recycle Bin
- A new feature in PastPerfect 5.0 called the Recycle Bin will store records marked for deletion until a reindex is completed. This short video will show you how to mark a record for deletion and recall it from the Recycle Bin.
- This video reviews PastPerfect's Security features, which enable you to control access to your records, lists, reports, and more.
- Reports and Report Maker
- Report Maker has been improved to make the creation of reports easier and more streamlined than ever before.
- Accession Activities
- A new feature of PastPerfect 5.0 are the Accession Activities, which allow you to track more detailed information about when Deeds of Gift are sent and received, as well as when items in the accession are photographed, inventoried, or reviewed for deaccession.
- Nomenclature 3.0
- PastPerfect 5.0 comes pre-loaded with Nomenclature 3.0. This short video reviews the process of moving from Nomenclature 2.0 to 3.0.
- Cataloging with Default Data and Authority Files
- In PastPerfect 5.0, you are able to assign a current catalog record as a default record or create a new record strictly for default data. If you are using Security, each user will have their own default data record in the catalog, allowing each user to customize the default data screen for consistent data entry.
- Custom Fields and Custom Screen Views
- PastPerfect 5.0 expands on the ability to rename Custom Fields by now allowing you to rename the Custom Screen View button and each of the Location fields.
- Catalog Lists
- This video introduces one of the biggest new features of PastPerfect 5.0, which is the ability to include items in your collection on Catalog Lists. These lists enable you to group items together for a single purpose, whether it is to prepare items to go on exhibit, move items to a new location, set relations, or mark records to be uploaded to PastPerfect Online. Creating Catalog Lists and adding records is a simple process that will maximize the way you use your collection records.
Membership and Development
- Screen Views and Action Menus
- PastPerfect 5.0 has added a Sidebar that contains the Screen View and Actions buttons. When a green data light appears on a Screen View button, this indicates that data is present on that screen view and allows you to easily see when a Contact record has information in Donations, Volunteer, Giving Summary, etc.
- Fiscal Years
- In PastPerfect 5.0, you can now select the month in which your fiscal year starts.
- Mail Merge Letters
- PastPerfect 5.0's letter writing has been improved by interfacing with Microsoft Word to create and print letters.
- Contact Lists
- In PastPerfect 5.0, you can create an unlimited number of Contact Lists and organize them into folders, making the lists easier to find and use.
- Sending Email
- This video shows you how to use PastPerfect 5.0's email feature to create and send bulk emails.